Welcome back friends,
Welcome to my last fortnightly reporting post for Wikidata as part of the OPW internship…
Yes, we have reached the end of this beautiful journey today… 😦
But, the end of my association with WIKIDATA is just official. Unofficially, it shall ever go on…. 🙂
The week started off with the weekly meeting with mentor. I received reviews from her on the current draft of Slideshow tutorial prepared. Some key points she mentioned were:
- In the Why Should I care? section to include elaborations for:
1. Wikidata gives “More people more access to more knowledge” (for instance, be being language-independent)
2. It allows us to build amazing tools that were not possible before because the knowledge in Wikipedia wasn’t machine-readable
3. Examples of small language Wikipedias that suddenly be much more complete and up-to-date
- More concise and clear explanation for Wikidata being Free and a Secondary Database
- Use of mainly Wikidata logo colours for the highlighting effects
Next, I added more topics to topics for interactive discussions on social media based on suggestions and ideas received from Lydia and Helen.
Also, I created an improved plan layout and few images to assist initial Wikidata discussion topics on its online social profiles
This last week of internship started with the first in the thread of interactive online discussions for Wikidata community. I was unclear how to start, so just tried something like this. BTW, What’s you favourite Wikidata item?
Hope the coming up ones are better and receive a better response 😉 …
Next, I finally completed the social media message calendar for December, 2014 and with this completed the calendar for this year. Finally!
Just for ‘experimentational contributions‘ 😉 , I started off with translation of the recently launched Wikidata Tours in Hindi (my native language).
The last and most significant task to complete was the slideshow mentioned previously.
So, based on reviews received, I make several changes to the first draft aiming to make it more simple, clear and concise to be just apt for newbies.
And so it all ended with the completion of this final draft of slideshow ,which is reviewed, and is all set to make it to the Wikidata toolkit for Wikidata workshops. I am sure you’ll get to see it soon.
And with this, ends the beautiful journey into my OPW internship as promised. Hope you had a nice time !
Right now I’m into Wikimedia’s final wrap-up IRC meeting for GSoC and OPW interns. It feels so good to see so much accomplished in 3 months by so many people…
Kudos to all interns!
Best wishes to all young & old intellectuals out there…
Go, try a hand into FOSS, I bet you’ll love it !